So what's THE BIG IDEA?
Shine Pictures are proud to announce a National competition for feature film concepts, with a prize of a £25,000 feature film development deal.
We are looking for ingenious concepts, compelling writing and intriguing characters that will elevate genre films making them both distinctive and commercial. The stories can be set anywhere, with characters of any nationality, just as long as the audience is a global one. Feel free to be ambitious in scale and scope. You can imagine big stars in lead roles. It can be 3D! You can have big budget visual effects. Go for active, attractive, bold, vibrant, energetic concepts. We are looking to stimulate ambitious ideas that will capture the global imagination in the following genres:
- Romantic Comedies (e.g.: The Proposal, What Women Want, Notting Hill)
- Action Adventures (National Treasure, Top Gun, Blood Diamond, Cliffhanger)
- Sci-Fi or Fantasy (Inception, Harry Potter, 28 Days Later, Back to the Future)
- Family Comedies (Nanny McPhee, Cheaper by the Dozen, Johnny English)
Who can apply?
This is not an entry level competition, so you need to have either a produced or optioned screenplay, an agent, a festival acclaimed short, an hour of broadcast TV drama, a play that has been performed, writing that has been published or an equivalent industry achievement.
How do you apply?
- Complete our application form including your 700 word (max) concept document.
- Upload your CV and a maximum 15 page writing sample with its log line.
- Application deadline: 29th October 2010
- Shortlisted applicants will be invited for an interview and then the winner will be selected from those interviewees.
- Interviews for shortlisted applicants: Late November 2010
- Winner announced: 20th December 2010
- All inquiries to be directed to THE BIG IDEA Project Manager email@example.com
- For more details see our FAQ
In a joint statement Paul Webster and Stephen Garrett of Shine Pictures said: “British writers are among the most sought after in Hollywood.
“Shine Pictures, in keeping with our desire to bring the cream of the UK’s creative community to a global audience, wants to nurture the next generation of leading screenwriters.”-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Added to Deadlines Calendar