18 May, 2009

Red Planet Prize 2009

Mark Wilkinson has been announced as the winner of last year's competition and Sir Daniel has done an inspirational interview with him over at The Red Planet Prize Blog.

"I spent about 10 months on research, character biographies and thinking about the structure of the series. Once I had an idea of where it was going, I worked my way backwards to find out where it should start. The writing of the actual script took about 3 to 4 months."

However quickly we can write quality first drafts, I think it's probably a good idea to start thinking of good ideas for the next competition now so we are ready to choose the most appropriate when the competition is announced.

Sir Daniel will be giving a review of last year's competition in due course and keep on eye on Sir Jason's and Sir Oliver's blogs, in case they are able to feedback on the finalists workshop.

1 comment:

Oli said...

I shall do my best. I do plan to actually start posting on the blog, and that's as good an excuse as any...