27 May, 2009

Daniel Kunka, "12 Rounds", interview

Ramblings and Musings of an L.A. Writer:

" JB: How long did it take you to write 12 Rounds?

DK: It was a long process. I came up with the idea around August or September of ’05. It took me two or three months (and about eight tries) to get a solid outline. I then wrote the initial draft rather quickly, maybe over the course of three or four weeks, sticking relatively close to the outline. After we had the first draft I showed it to Josh McLaughlin (the producer of the movie) who then had a bunch of notes – basically, as with most first drafts, we were nowhere. I then took the better part of 2006 sitting around doing nothing, thinking about the script, not thinking about the script, until I had a couple of breakthroughs and got motivated. Rewriting is ALWAYS the toughest part of writing. "

Article in full

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw the movie 12 rounds and I quite liked it.The action was good,the plot lines were good and overall is was a bery entertaining movie.

Robin Kelly said...

I'm looking forward to it.