07 February, 2009

Kenneth Rance, screenwriter, interview

The Urban Network:

"One of my affirmations that I read to myself every morning is: “I must do the most productive thing possible at every given moment, but I must eliminate time wasting activities and energy draining people.”

As artists and creative people, you have to surround yourself around people that are going to sew positive seeds into your life, and that are going to give you constructive feedback. If someone is going to tear down your idea, your dream and vision, then that’s someone that does not need to be in your life.

"I will say this, not every story warrants a motion picture--some are plays, books, poems, or greeting cards. If it doesn’t work in features, then write a book, or do something on the web. Digital is really changing how we get the word out."

Article in full

No comments: