16 July, 2008

Guillermo del Toro, screenwriter-director, interview

Den of Geek:

"I always tell the people on the website, at DelToroFilms, or the Hellboy website, I always say tell me what we did wrong, or what we did differently to what you wanted. And the only thing I would ask is that we worked hard, and didn’t deliver a movie that was half-baked, or that we didn’t think about, and it was artistically not an effort that lacked any endeavour, or physical or mental artistic investment. So if we did that, then I would love for my decisions to be respected. Even to be respected when someone says you have ruined my childhood! And so far the changes on the movies I’ve done, they have been voiced, even in the negative aspects, most of the time in a quite civilised way."

Article in full

No comments: