13 March, 2008

Playwriting links

Mark Ravenhill

"The trouble is, the more I write, the less I feel I know about writing - certainly, the less I feel I can articulate what is going on when I'm doing it. And the more suspicious I become of anything that pretends to be a rule of playwriting. But tell a workshop participant that there are no rules, that they need to discover what a play means to them and write something that is unique to their sense of the world, and you are likely to be faced with a sullen customer who feels they aren't getting their money's worth. And a black mark on your "How helpful was this workshop?" evaluation form at the end."

********************************************************

The Playwriting Seminars

Playwriting 101 - Jon Dorf

Five Reasons Why Writing Plays Can Make You a Better Screenwriter - Jon Dorf

How To Prepare Your Stage Play For The Theatre Market - Jon Dorf

Bruntwood Writing Exercises

Tips for writing a great play - Troy M. Hughes

Writing a Play - About.com

Writing for Theatre - Arnold Wesker

How to Write a Play - Brander Matthews

So You Want to Write a Play! - BBC

How to Write a Play - ebook by Various

How To Write a Play - How to do Things

How to Write a Play - wikiHow

How Long Does it Take to Write a Play - Dave Brandl

Making a Drama (Excerpt from book) - David Edgar

Playwriting Articles - Suite 101

No comments: