12 March, 2008

Comedy writing links

Writing for Performance: Television comedy

Writing TV Situation Comedy - BBC writersroom

Writing Radio Situation Comedy - BBC writersroom

The Seven Laws of Comedy Writing - Pilot Project

Getting Started in Comedy - BBC Get Writing

Writing Sitcom - BBC Get Writing

Step-By-Step Sitcom Writing Guide - British Sitcom Guide

Writing a sitcom (pdf) - Marc Blake

The Revival of the Audience Sitcom - WGGB

How to Write the Best Comedy Sketches - Writers Block

4 comments:

Support The MOVIEment said...

Thanks for the great links. I'm currently trying to get through writers block and these links helped with my movie script I'm writing. You can check out my blog at moviement.blogspot.com

Robin Kelly said...

I just realised it's mostly television writing links but comedy is comedy, I suppose.

Good luck with beating the block, it's horrible, but sometimes the way to beat it is just to start writing that first draft and not worrying about if you're funny enough or have enough writing knowledge. It's all about re-writing anyway.

Jude Calvert-Toulmin said...

This is *exactly* what I was looking for. Currently writing my fifth novel and once its edited and sent off to the publishers, I want to plan out and write a six part comedy show and haven't a frigging scooby where to start. Brilliant, thankyou Robin.

Jude Calvert-Toulmin said...

*it's god I hate it when people get it's and its mixed up.