Backing up data files
- Synctoy a freebie from Microsoft
- Not All Backup Software Is Created Equal by Danny Allen from the August 2006 issue of PC World magazine. June 21, 2006. Reviews NovaBackup, BackUp MyPC, Genie Backup manager, Retrospect and WinBackup.
- How To: Back Up Your Hard Drive by Michael Brown in Maximum PC magazine. June 6, 2006. Describes using the free version of SyncBack from 2BrightSparks. I would not recommend the program.
- In Case of Disaster, Have a Backup Plan for Your PC New York Times May 14, 2006
- How to Back Up and Recover Outlook Express Data from Microsoft June 2004
- How do I backup my Outlook Express email? August 20, 2004 by Leo Notenboom.
- Backing up is easy, Part 1: Save the stuff you created, not your program files July 18, 2004 By Al Fasoldt
- Backing up is easy, Part 2: Windows and Mac software you'll love July 25, 2004 By Al Fasoldt
- WinZip is the gold standard
- Free Zip programs FreeZip, Info-Zip, EnZip and ZipCentral
- My backup script is free
- Replicator from Karen Kenworthy is free
- Second Copy 2000 is $30. It was reviewed in March 2004 by the Net Net Tricks newsletter.
- Backup 4 All a free backup program
- A review of Second Copy 2000 in PC magazine. June 17, 2003
- HOW TO: Install Backup from the CD-ROM in Windows XP Home Edition (Q302894)
- HOW TO: Use Backup to Back Up Files and Folders on Your Computer in Windows XP Professional (Q308422)
- HOW TO: Use Backup to Restore Files and Folders on Your Computer in Windows XP (Q309340)
- Outlook and Outlook Express
(Taken from Backing Up Your Computer. Follow the link for more links)
Don't delay, do it today. It's Back Up Your Files Day, hooray!
How to decide what data to back up
Back up manually or use Windows XP Backup utility
How to choose an external storage format for backup files
Mac OS X: How to back up and restore your files