24 December, 2007

Nancy Oliver, screenwriter, interview

LA Times:

"How do you battle writer's block, if you get it?"

"There's plenty of struggle, no question about that. I had had a block . . . for five years and I wasn't sure that I would ever be able to write a big piece again. I've been working since I was 21, trying to put it all together, and hit just one dead end after the next. You question sometimes, "Is this what I'm supposed to be doing? I'm following my dream and it's leading me into the gutter!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nancy,

I have always - always - been aware of your talent - ever since you lived in Florida. I am so thrilled to see your nomination for an Oscar for Lars and the Real Girl. Thanks so much for allowing your talents to blossom so that we, the public can enjoy your creativity.

Sincerely,

A Fan of yours.