Deadline: 31 December 2007
"The Professional Artists Lab and the California NanoSystems Institute at the University of California, Santa Barbara continue their collaboration with the third STAGE International Script Competition, open to plays about science and technology.
The winning script will receive $10,000 USD. The prize is given at a public awards event with distinguished professionals from the worlds of theatre, film, science and/or technology, to be held in conjunction with a staged reading/performance/demonstration with a cast of professional actors.* In addition, the winning playwright will have access to advice and guidance from professional theatre and film artists as well as experts in the fields of science, engineering and technology. Other Professional Artists Lab development opportunities for the winning script may be possible.
STAGE endeavors to:
- Cultivate appreciation and collaboration between the two cultures of science and art
- Catalyze the development of art that depicts the technological age in which we live
- Promote understanding of the sciences in the public arena
- Foster new and imaginative voices and methods of storytelling
- Accomplish all of the above within an international community