The script workshops will cover writing for film, TV and radio and examine the creation of a story, characters, dialogue; writing for location filming and studio;different script formats, and team-writing, which is used on a large proportion of UK and US TV serials.
Each workshop will deal with the business side as well as the creative side of writing.
Workshops will be held in Bowness-on-Solway on
- Saturday, September 1, writing for film and TV (advanced);
- Sunday, September 2, writing for film and TV;
- Saturday, September 8, writing comedy and drama for radio;
- Sunday, September 9, developing characters and stories;
- Saturday, September 15, writing comedy and drama for radio (advanced);
- Sunday, September 16: teamwriting;
- Saturday, September 22: writing books and getting published.
Jim Eldridge has been a scriptwriter for 35 years and had more than 500 scripts broadcast in the UK and across the world. He has also had 60 books published and tutored scriptwriting for the BBC.
The workshops, which cost £29 per person per day, are limited to 10 people per workshop in order for everyone to receive individual attention. For more information contact Jim Eldridge at jimeldridge *AT* jimeldridge.force9.co.uk, call 016973 52246 or visit www.jimeldridge.com.