27 March, 2007

Verity Bargate Award

Deadline: 6 July 2007.

Soho's hunt for the most original and exciting new play.

Every two years Soho Theatre launches a national competition to find the best new play by an emerging writer. The winner will thrill London audiences with their imaginative, daring and relevant work.

Passion is more important than polish, so why not give it a go?

The winner will receive:

* £5000 (in respect of an exclusive option).
* a residency at Soho Theatre.
* the chance to have their play produced at Soho Theatre.

Workshops

We welcome writers from all backgrounds and levels of experience to get involved and we are offering a series of workshops devoted to exploring the processes behind creating a new piece of theatre for the Verity Bargate Award.

2 comments:

Dan said...

Hey Robin, just a quick thank you for all these posts about comps, interviews etc. You must spend hours trawling t'internet.

Any chance of a post about your work? I'd be interested to know what you're up to as I'm sure would others.

Cheers!

Robin Kelly said...

No worries Dan, it's mostly Google alerts.

I wrote a film for the Blue Cat competition but I didn't want to say anything about it in case it didn't place. I know.

I need a new daytime spec, having had my nightime one successfully pass through all the BBC writersroom stages, and so I might do something on that.