Deadline: 30 June 2007.
New Works of Merit Playwriting Contest accepts and encourages exciting new works that:
1) Enhance self-realization
2) Support peace and social justice
3) Foster new understanding of minority issues that focus on racial, ethnic and gender discrimination both in the United States and abroad
4) Empower youth to build healthy inner foundations
5) Educate to gain further insight into healthy social/emotional living
6) Shed new light on religious, spiritual, and cultural differences and issues
7) Build respect for cultural expression and identity in a world that is experiencing rapid globalization
8) Explore the widening gap between the values this country was founded on and the values we present to the world today
** While recognizing the obvious intentions in the categories above, examples of the following premises should be applied to all the categories as well:
A play about the hardships and horrors of war IS a play that supports peace.
A play that exposes social injustice, without the intent of making a statement FOR social justice, IS a play that supports social justice.
We, as writers, have been given a precious gift. Let us use that gift to create powerful, heart-felt new works that not only entertain, but also educate, enlighten and uplift humanity.
For further details visit website.
Fearsome Codfish and Slow Slow Planets
18 hours ago