The details on the link above are due to be updated but haven't been yet.
The prize this year is £2500 in cash and a staged rehearsed reading to an invited audience of theatre professionals (literary agents, directors, producers and the like).
Rules in brief:
Up to two full-length stage plays may be entered per writer
(no e-mail entries, no radio-plays or TV scripts, unpublished and
unperformed scripts only)
• The Entry fee is £5 per play
• Plays must be typed or word-processed and clearly laid out with pages numbered
• Title page must include writer’s name and full contact details. PLEASE DO NOT INCLUDE ANY INFORMATION WHICH COULD IDENTIFY THE WRITER ON ANY OTHER PAGE OF SCRIPT.
• Include two SAEs: one for acknowledgement of entry and one for return of script (with correct postage)
• Plays must be received by 2nd April 2007
Please post entries, marked ‘KING’S CROSS AWARD 2007’ to
The Courtyard, 55 East Road, LONDON N1 6AH
Rules in full:
1. The Award committee reserve the right to interpret the following rules and conditions as they see fit. Decisions in all matters pertaining to the rules, execution, and written and active administration of the Award are final, and no correspondence or further discussion will be entered into.
2. All applicants and the author of the winning script are expected to adhere to the rules and conditions of entry and acceptance of the Award as described below.
3. Entry is open to authors of all ages and levels of experience resident in the UK and Republic of Ireland . Entry is limited to two scripts per applicant.
4. Entries will consist of:
(a) an original full-length script.
(b) a SAE for acknowledgement of receipt of entry (optional)
(c) a SAE for return of script (optional)
(d) the entry fee of £ 5 per play (payable to The Courtyard)
5. Plays must:
(a) be clearly typed and laid out with pages numbered
(b) show the author's full name and contact details on the title page
(c) NOT be sent by e-mail
6. The closing date for entries is 2nd April 2007. Submissions received beyond this date will not be considered for the Award.
7. Each entry will be considered and a shortlist compiled by the internal reading panel. Scripts on the shortlist will then be read by an external panel. The winning script will be decided upon by both judging panels.
8. The Award committee will notify the winning author by the end of September 2007.
9. In accepting the Award the work of the wining writer will be legally contracted to the Courtyard Theatre.
10. The organisers of the Award will not accept responsibility for loss or damage of scripts in transit or during the judging period. Applicants are strongly advised not to send the only copy of their work.
15 hours ago